Privacy Statement - Annuity Discount Brokerage
Any information you may provide us with about your annuity purchase is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998. When you use our web site or purchase an annuity through, all information you provide us with is treated as confidential. We do not pass this information on to any third party other than to comply with regulatory and statutory responsibilities and your data will always be stored securely in compliance with all appropriate laws and regulations.
All reasonable steps have been taken to safeguard against unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage to any information held on you. Medical details which are essential for impaired life annuities are stored in a locked, alarmed building in fire proof storage. We hold these records for a minimum of six years, but reserve the right to hold them indefinitely. Subject to certain exceptions, you are entitled to access your personal data.
Communication about your Annuity
To ensure you are kept fully informed of your annuity application we may contact you by mail, email and other means of communication to provide you with information. If at any time you wish us to cease processing your personal data, please contact The Data Protection Officer on 01483 825 609 or in writing at Annuity Discount Brokerage, Axxis House, 178a High Road, Byfleet, Surrey, KT14 7ED.
Whilst we do everything possible to keep the information that you supply about your annuity secure, please be aware that the Internet is not a fully secure method of communicating. We use secure servers for collecting personal information and these are protected by firewalls.
We provide links to external web sites and are not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Because of the financial nature of Axxis Financial Planning's business, our products and services are not designed to appeal to or to be sold to persons under the age of 18. Therefore, Axxis Financial Planning does not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children.
- Axxis Financial Planning may use the information which it collects to personalise your experience on the Web Site, to help you to log-in in future, to continue to use the Web Site, and to help us select services or materials for inclusion on the Web Site which may be of interest to you.
- The nature of Axxis Financial Planning's business is such that we may on occasion ask you to provide sensitive personal data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 (for example, questions relating to your health where that information is required in order to provide life insurance quotations). Where we do so, we will request your explicit consent to the use of such sensitive personal data. Where you consent to provide us with this information we will take appropriate measures to protect such sensitive personal data.
- We or third parties hosting servers on our behalf may also monitor traffic patterns and usage of the Web Site to help it to improve the Web Site design and lay out.
- Please note that Axxis Financial Planning is not responsible for what any third party content provider or other third party offering goods and services via web sites linked to this Web Site may propose to do with information about you. So please ensure you read their terms and conditions carefully.
Sharing of Information with Third Parties
- Axxis Financial Planning will not disclose your personal information to third parties other than as described in this clause (unless it is legally required to do so). We may need to pass your information to third parties who help Axxis Financial Planning to maintain, administer or develop the Web Site but, if so, that information is only given to those third parties for that limited purpose. In addition, we may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related Web Site information to reputable third-parties, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- We reserve the right to access and disclose personal data or information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly, or to protect itself or its users.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- In the course of registering or using this Web Site and any services offered via this Web Site, certain information about you will be captured electronically (including sensitive personal data where required, but this will be subject to you giving your explicit consent in such cases) or otherwise and transmitted to Axxis Financial Planning or and, potentially, to any third parties as set out above, or to third parties who host our web servers or assist us in maintaining this Web Site; and
Axxis Financial Planning's Responsibilities: How do we protect user information?
As required by the Data Protection Act 1998, Axxis Financial Planning follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have provided via this Web Site, to prevent unauthorised access.
What are Cookies and does the Annuity Discount Brokerage use them?
This Web Site contains links to other web sites. Please be aware that Axxis Financial Planning cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies of such other sites. Axxis Financial Planning encourages its users to be aware when they leave the Web Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web Site.
Data Protection Statement
Axxis Financial Planning is committed to respecting your privacy and will handle any customer data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other relevant laws in the United Kingdom. You can browse the majority of the Annuity Discount Brokerage Web site without identifying yourself. The following headings let you know what information we collect, how we use it, and how we protect it.
Data We Collect
The data that we ask you to provide will be split into two categories, required and optional. Required data are details we need to complete an application, such as name, address, personal details and so on. Optional data will include information will help us to better understand our customers in order to improve the services that we can offer.
How We Use Your Data
Your data are used to help you complete an application, to provide you with confirmation, and to keep you informed of product or service developments. Where applicable, personal data is retained for only as long as required to complete the transaction and will then be deleted from our systems.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you for market research or to provide you with marketing information we think would be of particular interest. If you would prefer not to be contacted for these purposes, please let us know.
Further information can be found at the Information Commissioner's Office website at http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/.